Watch this video tutorial on YouTube!
To make: Prepare and layer your lasagna dish as you normally would, replacing the noodle with any of our savory Keto Crusts. A Mexi Zucchini Keto Crust will work great, or try the original Cauliflower (as in the video). No need to thaw or cook your crust. Just cut the crust to fit the shape of whatever pan you're using and bake as normal.
Tip: Shredding your own mozzarella cheese makes it melt better.
- 2 Keto Crusts
- 1 cup onions
- ½ lb Italian sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ can marinara sauce
- 2 eggs
- fresh parsley, to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Use scissors to cut each crust into 4 even strips.
- In a mixing bowl, add olive oil then onions, Italian sausage, ground beef, and all seasonings, stirring until evenly distributed. Then add marinara sauce and stir.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 ½ cups mozzarella, ½ cup of parmesan, all of the ricotta and cottage cheese, the contents of the two eggs and stir thoroughly.
- In an 8X8 baking dish, use leftover marinara sauce to add a thin layer to the bottom of the dish, spreading sauce evenly, then add ½ of the crust strips (1 crust/4 strips). Then add 1/2 of the meat mixture, spreading to evenly cover the crust, then ½ of the cheese mixture. Then repeat with the second crust: add remaining meat, then remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes.
- When cheese on top appears golden brown, remove from oven and add an additional ½ cup mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup parmesan and fresh parsley to taste.
Recipe by @ketogalsara